Memorial Day weekend was great and I even had the pool bag packed and ready to go. All the essentials were ready: sunscreen, reading materials, towels. But I was missing a few items. But thanks to Pacifica I have these must have items for the beach/pool bag. One of my favorite lines is Pacifica. An eco-friendly line of fragrances, cosmetics and even candles their products are just great. They now have nail polish in really fun colors. Actually they have 25 shades to choose from on the Pacifica site. The nail line does not contain any harsh chemicals or parabens so it’s perfect for my tween girls. They love the nail colors, especially the Amethyst Castle and Nirvana ones we tested out. Also great to toss in your beach/pool bag, especially if you are headed out for the evening after a day on the sand or in the pool are the coconut water cleansing wipes. The pre-moistened towelettes smell so nice and are really refreshing. The solid perfume is great to throw in the bag too as you won’t have to worry about a bottle breaking and their enlightened gloss and creamy lip butters come in really nice colors for the summer. Both the lip shine and the butter are really hydrating. Check them out.
Disclosure: The company sent me the above products to test out and review. All opinions are my own.
Fun must have items for the beach and pool bag from @ILovePacifica
Now that September is here so are the dark nail polishes – my favorite – think oxblood and navy colors this season. Of course you can always stick with traditional colors like red or my all time favorite from essie called ballet slippers which is a light pink. In fact these sheers from essie really never go out of style. You have probably seen the already designed stickers like these from essie. I have yet to try them but they seem pretty easy to use and are very on trend right now. My go to favorite is OPI’s Lincoln Park After Dark.
I also have a few kits to test out including a dark french manicure and the velvet manicure from Ciate. It’s just something a bit different to try and make your nails stand out!
Dark nail colors for fall
It was a bit chilly this morning but I did get to wear flip flops once this weekend so I think we can say it’s official – pedicure season is here! Last week I visited Mini Luxe in Lexington center for the first time. They had a booth at @blogbetterBOS and we received a gift card from @MiniLuxe to check out their services. I loved the selection of polish colors to choose from. I also liked how they had smaller sized bottles of their line to buy (only $4.00) so you can see if you like the color. Pedicures always last longer if you can do a touch up yourself with the polish. While I did not have a full pedicure (I had a polish change and they shaped my toenails nicely!) I do like how they opened a new package for the file and the clip. They not only have nail stations but offer waxing services as well. Plus, up in front of the store they sell lots of fun candles, perfume, jewelry and flip flops. When leaving I noticed their tag line: “Clean freaks are us. Call us crazy, but good hygiene actually inspires us!” It is nice to know that the salon is clean and they are committed to maintaining that!
Disclosure: I did receive a gift card for the service. All opinions are my own.
Mini Luxe pedicures
- Fun Items!
I love the springtime with the bright make-up colors. This spring it is very bright and if you are looking to add a few items to your make-up bag , here are my top three suggestions:
1. Orange lip color – This is the new red. It flatters almost anyone too. M.A.C. has always been a favorite of mine but this new line from Hourglass is all natural so I love it.
2. Blue and green eye make-up – think sea foam and turquoise colors. If you can’t imagine putting on a blue/green shadow, start off slowly with a thin eye liner.
3. Neutral nails – Try to find a shade that is closest to your skin tone. I love the OPI shades and the names crack me up as well like, My Vampire is Buff. As for the shape of nails – no more square! A rounded shape is always in!
Here it is! Check out my stocking stuffer segment from @NECN New England Cable News. Below are some great gift ideas and stocking stuffer items and most are under $30.00.
- Everyone needs a calendar for the new year and I cannot say enough about Calendars.com. They have the best selection of calendars online. Moms will love the VanGogh Tri-folo Frame wall calendar as it has three separate frames and can be hung vertically or horizontally and used with any photo! ($18.99) They also have great personalized and customizable calendars.
- Anything from Yankee Candle Co. makes a great hostess gift – $27.99 for the Large Jars or gift sets start at $19.99. Their fragrances are just great.
- I think The Art of Shaving starter kit ($25) is a ideal for the teenager who just started shaving or the husband who needs something a little more luxurious than his usual razor and shave cream.
- Our tradition each Christmas Eve is to open up a gift of PJ’s and Life is Good has comfy PJ’s with cute prints and sayings for the whole family. Kids like to wear them as lounging pants too.
Onto the stockings stuffer gift ideas:
Kids: Remember looking in your stocking on Christmas morning? Sweet treats and personal care items were the norm for me growing up!
- In the kids stockings I am sure Santa will add a sweet treat. The packaging, presentation and the quality of Hebert candies is great. The Shrewsbury, MA based-company offers a fun time for the holiday season so if you can, head to the mansion off 495! Prices start at $1.95.
- Peppa & Friends Figure Packs ($7.99) and DVD,($14.98) is a must have gift for toddlers. Peppa is a loveable, British Pig and airs on Nick Jr.
- Teens will love the Edward and Bella commemorative Twilight ornament which is available at Hallmark stores for $17.95.
- COVERGIRL outlast stay brilliant nail color lasts 7 days and we love the dark colors.
- Any of the new products from Conair.com and their sister-brand scünci would make a great gift. Girls love The Knotted Ponytail holders and Ponytailer Bracelets that look like jewelry too!
- Willa! My girls love this new line of skin care called Willa. It is paraben and sulfate free. The skincare line was developed by a mom and daughter.
Pets: We love our pets like our own kids so let’s pamper them this holiday season!
- Melrose, Mass. based Lilly & Abbie is an online store that allows you to design your own custom products including pet items. Who would not want a matching collar and leash? (starting at $24)
- Your dog will love the Animal Planet Plush dog toy set for $19.99 at Kohls. This 4 pack is so cute with a hidden squeaker inside each stuffed toy.
- Crinkits from Zigoopets is designed to provide protection around a water bottle. Crinkits give your dog an interactive toy they won’t want to put down. ($19.99)
MOM: Remember when you were little and you literally got socks and underwear in your stocking? Now perfume, cosmetics, a gift card or two would be welcome too!
- For mom’s stocking she will love Boot Tights What a concept – tights with socks built into them so you can be cozy in your boots. No more cold feet or feet slipping in your boots. Check out the site or find them Bloomingdales, or Nordstroms.com. (starting at $30)
- Hourglass Cosmetics is my new favorite line. Hourglass is a line of cosmetics that is largely paraben- and gluten-free (as well as PETA-friendly!). The Best Of Hourglass Set is so nice! (Lipstick starts at $30, kit is $59)
DAD: Grooming essentials are a key gift and some items for the home office to make it smell nice this season would be a welcome change.
- Riedel Water Carafe is the first of its kind, brand new and perfect for infused water from Riedel Crystal. Available online and at and at major retailers such as Williams-Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Macy’s. ($49.95)
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler, is a brand new grooming innovation that combines technology from Gillette and Braun in a single, 3-in-1 tool. It trims, edges and close shaves so guys can style any facial hair they like. Offering wet and dry shaving, it’s compact, runs on AA batteries and doesn’t need to be charged, so it fits perfectly into any busy man’s travel plans! Available in major retailers such as Target and CVS for $19.99.
- AirCraft Infused ScentSticks provide a purer, cleaner, safer and greener alternative to home fragrance, allowing you to mix and match ScentSticks to create custom fragrances for the home. AIRCRAFT introduced a selection of colored vases available in eight contemporary shades which add a pop of festive color to the room. Starter Kits (5 ScentSticks and vase) retail nationwide for $12.99. We also love ScentSicles Scented Ornaments. ScentSicles Scented Ornaments are an innovative way to infuse holiday spirit into your home with authentic seasonal fragrances that can be hidden throughout your home décor. ScentSicles, 5.5 inch long ornaments, can be hooked into faux (and real) Christmas trees and wreaths to add authentic/enhance scent. ScentSicles retail nationwide for $7.99. It’s a great gift for dad to put in his car or office to make it smell like the holidays.
Disclosure: the companies mentioned above sent me the products to review. All opinions are my own.
Today on 980 WCAP-AM we talked holiday decorating and stocking stuffer gift ideas. I have gathered some great finds for my TV segment. Here are just a few that I have tested out!
I wish I thought of this great invention called Boottights.com – a sock and tight all in one. There are lots of colors and styles to choose from so check out the site. They are tights with socks built into them so you can be cozy in your boots. No more cold feet or feet slipping in your boots, check out the site or find them at Neiman marcus.com or Norstroms.com
COVERGIRL has a new line of nail polish. The COVERGIRL outlast stay brilliant nail color is high gloss nail color that can last for as long as 7 days – great colors too. I love how it looks very shiny just like you get at the salon but I did not have to apply a top coat and it dries very quickly – bonus!
Any of the new products from Conair and their sister-brand scünci would make a great gift for teens/tweens. The Knotted Ponytail holders from scünci are so colorful kids love to wear them as bracelets but always have one on hand (or I should say on their wrist) Find them for $3.99 at major retailers. They also have a sleek line of Ponytailer Bracelets that look like jewelry too! Perfect for older kids and moms too. We also love Conair’s tools to create different looks like the French Twist Updo clip and the Bun Maker which are both easy to use. The Topsy Tail is also quite the tool that can create multiple hairstyles like a fun twisted pony or braids. I also tested out the Infiniti Pro by Conair™ 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool hair dryer. I remember as a child receiving a fancy hair dryer (remember the ones with a shower cap like device attached with a hose to another device?) Well times have changed and so have hair dryers. Ergonomically designed for ultimate comfort this dryer certainly produces salon-quality results. It’s quiet and it does ensures fast drying time too – perfect us moms on the go!
Disclosure: The above items were sent to me from the companies listed to test out and review. All opinions are my own.
Each year I head to my friend’s (and roommate from college) Saint Patty’s Day Party and I just love seeing all the various shades of green. I really try to pull out a kelly green shirt as I think that is the true Irish Green coupled with my mom’s shamrock scarf from Ireland. Then there are the accessories – necklaces, nail polish, hats, etc. My 10 year old wore a sticker to school today that read, “this is my bit of green so don’t pinch me”. Of course they reminded me that they need to put out their shoes so the leprechaun can put some treats in them! I did pick up a mint green shirt the other day and have a whole lot of green nail polishes ranging from teal to mint. What shade of green will you be wearing?
Saint Patrick's Day Outfit
Shades of "green" nail polish
Is spring here in Boston? Today we are expected to hit record temps for this time of year: 65 degrees! Speaking of spring, it’s time to pick a bright, new nail color! I visited my new favorite store, Ulta and picked up the latest spring nail polish shades!