Trendymommies was interviewed by NECN for a segment on birthday gifts on a budget!
In keeping with my blog posts this week…..tis the season for cold weather…fa la la la la…
There are so many fun accessories for the winter season to make you look oh, so fashionable. Here are a few of my favorites and some I mentioned on NECN.
- It’s a scarf? A shawl? A belt? It can be all of them. The Isatwist.com is a hand knit flexible woven fabric that does it all (starting at $76)
- I love Echo scarfs! Echo Touch gloves in the kids version keeps your little ones’ hands warm while they keep in touch on their iphone, ipad, etc. ($24.00) They have wonderful infinity ring scarf’s and sets as well. Nice colors and selection on their website
- Thumbdogs.com are great with any pair of gloves you own. You can attach to any glove and use your iphone, even to ski gloves too, but make sure you check your phone on the ski lift and not on the slopes! ($12.99)
- These are very trendy right now: animal hats: D&Y critter kingdom gloves and hats. Everyone seems to be wearing critter gloves and hats this season. I love this line!
- My kid’s favorite are the fuzzy animal hoods from Spirit Hoods. ($79.00)
- And of course to dress up your boots this season check out HUGGRZ. (Disclosure: and I am not just saying that because they are my client.) These boot wraps are great, try them out yourself and change the look of the boots you have (so save yourself some $ this season). They have 20 different styles and fabrics from fur, leopard print and knit.
Tis’ the season for running around at the last minute…fa la la la la!
This morning on New England Cable News we were discussing stocking stuffer gift ideas. Here are some of the great finds we absolutely love!
- Bloom Black Ties.com - it’s a pony tail holder made to look like jewelry on your wrist. What a great invention – how many of you have a black pony tail holder on your wrist right now?? Buy these chic ones and you’ll never be embarrassed again with a line of hair ties on your wrist!
- Speaking of hair ties, DimannoDesigns.com has great handcrafted ponytail holders ($12.00) and wrist cuffs ($33.00 and up) – perfect for your teens.
- I love TarteCosmetics.com This line is a favorite of mine as their products are made with vitamins, minerals and natural fruit and plant extracts and they are formulated without parabens, phthalates and synthetic fragrances. puttin’ on the glitz limited-edition color collection & clutch is worth it as it is a clutch and has THREE compacts that you can choose from ($48.00)
- If you want to give your little princess a little bling try ostbye.com Ostbye: Little Diva Diamonds™ collection: They retail for under $150 and the company offers pendants, bracelets, and earrings. Each piece features a real diamond and sterling silver design.
- It seems a lot of kids this season are requesting watches. RUBR watches - Interchangeable, fun, colorful watches ($25)
- Bike Glow.com is great for kids. It’s a fun, safe way to light up your bike. ($25.00)
Here are some organic finds:
- Glee gum.com is a company is based in Providence, RI that makes all natural, no preservatives, fun, flavored gum. The make your own chewing gum makes 50 sticks – all ingredients in the kit including the pan ($13.00)
- For your artists - Glob IT ON.com paint set all natural colors made from fruits and veggies, flowers and spices ($15.00)
- Kids love hot chocolate so they will need a reusable cup: Keepcup.com is a BPA free, kids re-usable cup for hot cocoa ($10.00)
We love our treats during the holidays and these are sure to bring a smile on a child’s face or a great gift to bring to your neighbors or anyone you visit this season.
- An Osterville, MA mom created my little cup cake pop.com -- these are very trendy. They have no bake recopies on their web site . The cake pop mold is fun and easy to use ($5.95)
- Lake Champlain chocolates – fresh, all natural from VT starting at 10 dollars
- Other fun candy like Rudolf’s boogers (ha, ha) can be found at: www.niftycandy.com
- Dancing Deer.com is a favorite of mine. Based in Boston but available online and at Whole Foods, these Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best. The Whole Grain PB& J squares are new. The sward winning Chocolate Chunk Brownies have been named “America’s Best Tasting Brownie” based on a recent blind taste test in City Hall Plaza, Boston and a national consumer survey. They all come in the perfect stocking stuffer size)
Tomorrow we will tackle the toy list and warm weather fashions and accessories!
The other day I posted about the countdown to the kids’ summer vacation and how it’s important to take a breather. I am all for letting the kids watch TV during some “down time” but I think it’s worthwhile to mention that not all kids TV is educational. Oh sure they can learn some things from a few unmentioned shows (some sass and backtalk) but that is why we love Martha Speaks.
They are celebrating the end of the school year with a week of new episodes. WGBH also released a study highlighting the positive effects of Martha Speaks on kids’ vocabulary – yeah! A TV show that is really educational (and cute and funny too).
The fun begins on Monday, June 27 with the brand-new two-part episode, Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird, featuring Martha and the gang sharing eerie science fiction stories. Then on Tuesday, June 28 through Thursday, June 30, enjoy Martha Speaks episodes featuring Martha and her friends enjoying outdoor activities including camping, canoeing, and watching fireworks. The adventures conclude on Friday, July 1 with another brand-new episode, The Long Rotten Summer, featuring everyone’s favorite summer activity…spending the day in school?
Plus there are some fun online activities you can do with your kids AND The Martha Speaks website is now mobile-optimized for the iPhone and iPad, offering families another way to bring the educational content from Martha Speaks to kids wherever they are. The Martha Speaks website is premiering two new games for kids on the go this summer: Summer Scenes and Magic Word. Both games help strengthen vocabulary knowledge by using target vocabulary from the show. Additionally, kids can download the Martha Speaks Dog Party App for the iPhone and iPad.
Online fun, games and new shows – what’s not to like?
PBS' Martha Speaks TV show