It is the New Year and we all want to get organized…quickly…neatly…and….inexpensively!
So whether you have a home office, a space dedicated to working or a small nook, here are the top 5 ways to get organized quickly and on a budget.
1. Hello bins! Storage bins can be your friend. They do not have to cost a lot and you can visit the dollar store to find ones that suite your style. Try to keep them in all the same color family so it looks organized!
2. If you have multiple kids you will have multiple paperwork and I have two suggestions to keep up to date and organized on keeping track of what is due when. (this is also great for bills) A magazine holder for each child works well and stores all the paper work (don’t pay full price for the magazine holder – look for clearance ones) My other suggestion is to have multiple clip boards for each child and hang in a central location (and low enough so the kids can reach it and keep track)
3. These cute little tins are ones I picked up for a dollar – A DOLLAR @target! They can hold paperclips, pens – the small stuff you need for your office but never have handy or like I did – store some nice pretty flowers to brighten up your office space.
4. I love these photo boxes! I put office items in them that I do not use regularly. If you are really organized you can add a label to the front so you know exactly what is in them.
5. Finally, speaking of labels, if you can, invest in a label maker. It is so much fun to use and once you start you will begin to label everything and you may never have to ask again, where is that pen, business card or photo that I saved?? I love the one from “Simply Stylish” Home & Office Labeler and The “Simply Stylish” Home & Family Labeler is a great one too!
- Colorful photo boxes
my @target bins
I love to decorate but this year I needed a little help so I had Gretchen at The Fancy Kind come over to my house to assess what I did so far and add her magical touch. Within 2 hours she transformed my space by adding and removing items I would have never imagined. The one tip that changed my thinking of decorating, especially for the holidays, is whenever you add a decoration remove something in return to avoid clutter. The Fancy Kind is a home party staging service based in Bedford, MA. If you are looking to set the stage for your family get together, intimate dinner party, holiday party or corporate event, Gretchen is the one to call. She can transform a room from dull to spectacular and she specializes in holiday decorating. So if you need help decking the halls this season call her to make the holiday decorating a bit easier.
Love a good before and after photo? Check out my latest project. I am in the back to school organizing mode so I decided to tackle my junk drawer. Thanks to the folks at organized living, who have a boatload of products to keep you organized and lots of products for back to school, I can now say my junk drawer is organized. It does bother me when the clutter in this one drawer in our kitchen gets out of control. I know it is called a junk drawer for a reason but doesn’t it look better now? Plus I gained an extra $10 in the process of cleaning it out – did I mention we throw pennies in there too? If you are looking for organizational storage items check out the junk drawer organizer or the 5 compartment drawer organizer tray. Both are perfect solutions. They also have great laundry sorters and other storage solutions. So if you want to keep organized this school season check out their selection.
Disclosure: The company sent me products to review. All opinions are my own.