Here it is! Just a few must have items for those on your holiday list this year. Thank you to all of these companies for sending along their wonderful gifts. We try out and test out all products so you know you are getting a good deal and some truly, fun, unique gift ideas. Whether you are looking for the tween in your life, gifts for mom or gifts for guys we have some thoughts. So here it is – the top ten gift guide. Happy Holidays from trendymommies!
- Perfect for mom: Soma PJs – we have a tradition on our house of opening up a pair of pjs on Christmas Eve each year. What mom would love are these cool nights PJs. They are super soft, comfy and keep you cool at night. They do work as I tested them out and lounged in them all weekend. Plus technically you can wear them as loungewear! #pajamasallday is what I love during the holiday season. Prices start at $49.
Soma pjs are the best
- Perfect for your sister, officemate: Tata Harper – beauty kits are a great gift for mom or tweens in your life. I will always give products that are non-toxic, safe and effective. I love this line and my teen steals some of these products from my bathroom. Super cute sets for teens on their site including the detox defense set. This is a four-piece regimen, which includes a very nice Purifying Mask that adds a touch of nourishing moisture. The kit also contains mini sizes of Nourishing Oil Cleanser (15 ml), a Purifying Cleanser (15 ml) and their must have product – the Replenishing Nutrient Complex (3 ml) ($42) AND as an extra stocking stuffer get the Be Smitten lip treatment. With a hint of pink color this tinted plumping & hydrating lip treatment leaves lips so smooth and the color really will flatter anyone. Super nourishing too! ($29)
Tata Harper has a great selection of beauty kits online
- Perfect for the BFF: Of course my beloved Beautycounter holiday kits are also my favorite. What can I say about these gorgeous red boxed gift sets? Any mom would love to receive a packaged gift like the lip gloss or travel set. If you did not order in time there is always Valentine’s Day!
- Perfect for anyone: David’s Tea – you all know I love tea but have you been to a David’s Tea retailer? They have the best selection of teas and adorable gifts for the tea lover in your life. What? You don’t know a tea lover? Well if you gift any of these items to anyone on your list they will be hooked! From the sets, mugs and loose teas you cannot go wrong in this store or their online site. These adorable affordable gift ideas are perfect for the teacher, sister, bus driver – anyone really. I love the mini pouch of tea bags, the 25 days of teas and of course any of their tea mugs (especially the travel mugs) The travel pouch is $10 and has 5 sachets. As a memorable gift the collectible tea-filled ornament is filled with hot chocolate tea which is a medium caffeine tea with chocolate nibs and chocolate chips in a base of black tea – delightful. Kids will love the night before Christmas which is nice book of nine caffeine free teas with fun names like sleigh ride, sweet dreams and apple cider.
David’s Tea has the best selection of teas and all of their holiday kits are beautiful!
- Perfect for the kids: Harbor Sweets – not all chocolate is alike and these chocolates are handmade in Salem, Mass Kids will love them. Of course the kids immediately had to test out the chocolate Christmas calendar – like a traditional advent calendar each window is filled with dark horse chocolates- some with almond butter crunch, caramel and peppermint crunch. Really, any boxed chocolate you purchase from this company is sure to please anyone on your list. The company also has a new line called Gather Chocolate to raise awareness of the plight of the honeybee. 2.5% of all Gather sales goes to the Pollinator Partnership to aid in their efforts to preserve and protect the pollinators.
Harbor Sweets has a sweet treat for anyone on your list
- Perfect for the hubby: Anything at CVS – this is THE retailer where I buy small gifts and ornaments and the gifts for dad like chargers and tech stuff. Hubby would even appreciate a gift card to CVS too. Who doesn’t love a gift card?
- Perfect for those that are hard to buy for or for those that have everything: Anything from The Grommet - Shop for unique gifts, innovative tech gadgets, and more as The Grommet has truly unique gadgets for everyone on your list. For little girls/tweens order the Vegan nail polish set (perfectly safe and cute colors) and the Wearable nail polish holder is the most inventive product on the market. It makes it easy for them to paint their own nails. Mom will love this invention too. I loved it – it was super easy to use and make it much easier to do your own nails. For your bff she will love the Bittersweet hair tie bracelet. If you are sick of seeing that hair elastic on your wrist and the dents it leaves, bittersweet by Maria Shireen® makes a sleek hair tie bracelets holder out of stainless steel. Simply, slip the bracelet on, then the elastic over to rest in the groove. It looks very chic and just like a bracelet. For boys and tween boys they will think the Wristband headphones are cool. Plus, they won’t lose them mom! These braided wrist brand head phones transform into an undercover bracelet. Plus their textured fabric exterior prevents any tangling. For your pet – the Silent pet tag. No more jiggling tags as this super cute tag is the perfect gift. All products on this site are creative, solve problems and I love how easy it is to navigate through the site for your last minute gift giving needs!
The grommet has gifts for all those that a!re hard to buy for
- Perfect for the tech lover – Clutchette power purse by Chic Buds. The Clutchette Power is a phone charger in a bag. It has an ultra-thin battery, built-in USB cords and room to carry your keys, lip gloss and other night out essentials. I like how it is sleek enough to throw into a larger bag and it makes a perfect gift for the fashionista in your life! $49.99
Clutchette power purse by chic buds is a tech lovers extra secret weapon for storage and charging
- Perfect for the fashionista – Speaking of fashionista she would love a gift from Tartan + Twine. This company makes a range of cosmetic bags – pick her favorite color (sold at Ulta and retailers nationwide) and prices start at $12.00
tartan + twine has a great selection of make-up cases in a variety of sizes and colors
- Perfect for the kids: I don’t have a lot of young kids to buy for this year but I have heard Hatchimals are the must have item (no I don’t have one so don’t ask) but I always love games for kids and of course I love the classics like bananagrams and apples to apples. A gift card to Barnes & Noble is a great option as they have a great toy selection and it is not too overwhelming and of course their kids book section is fun to look through
Happy Holidays to all!!!
Disclosure: The companies listed above sent me products to review and test out. As always all opinions in this blog post are my ow
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I love the holiday season and I am very organized when it comes to gift buying and shopping. I am all for one stop shopping and getting it done early and quickly. CVS sent me a few fun goodies for the holiday season -the retailer really has something for everyone. I stopped there to pick up a few holiday decorations, a gift for the puppy, stocking stuffers and snacks for the girls – see! one stop shopping. Here are a few gift ideas that you can always find at CVS. Also, don’t forget to use those extra bucks for extra savings. I love waiting at the register for the print out to see what savings I have – I know – such a shopping geek!
1. Decorations – I still have my reindeer ears and nose from a few years ago purchased at CVS. They have a nice selection of unique holiday decor from tiny trees, stockings, ornaments and these adorable clear nutcrackers. The holiday isle is perfect for shopping for secret santa gifts.
2. Beauty – Look above at the top shelf in the beauty isles for cute packaged gift ideas for the gal in your life – who doesn’t love lip gloss and nail polish?
3. Candy – my girls love CVS for the selection of their brand name packaged candy and of course the upfront candy section. The retailer has a nice selection of holiday candy packaged up too.
4. Stocking Stuffer gift ideas – so growing up the stocking was always filled with items that you need like socks, necessities such as lotion, deodorant, etc. Check out the travel section for some cute ideas.
5. Don’t forget Fido – In case you didn’t know they also have supplies for cats and dogs at CVS too – so it really is easy, fun and quick shopping at CVS!
Disclosure: I partnered with CVS and they sent me some fun goodies for the holiday and a gift card. As always all opinions are my own in this blog post.
CVS has lots of goodies for holiday gifts
Holiday decor and more at CVS
I am always looking for products that are easy to use and multi-functional products are always nice too! That is why I love Jane Iredale’s products. The mineral make-up line has been around a while but always comes out with innovative products. The company sent me several items to test out and review and here are the results.
You know when you are on the go and need a touch up but don’t want to bring the eye shadow, liner and applicator, etc. – well Jane Iredale has this mystikol eye which is a liner/shadow all in one and it is great. It is compact and creates a soft, smoky eye effect. Great colors too in a slim, eyeliner design.
How many of us use SPF on our hands??? Well you should and that is why I like this staple in my make-up bag. Hand Drink is the item to keep in your car too- it is a hand cream with an SPF 15 and is ultra hydrating. I liked the smell of it – like roses but it is a bit strong – my kids didn’t like.
I never have individual eye shadows in my make-up bag as it takes up too much room! Jane Iredale’s naturally matte eye shadow kit is perfect for gals on the go as it includes five blendable shades and the colors are so light but look very nice. Plus it is a very slim case so perfect for on the go.
Lip Fixation is my go to product. It is a lip stain on one end and a gloss on the other. It really is the only product that stays on my lips! I have had several of these over the years actually and finally got to test out a color that is new to me -Cherish – which is a bubblegum pink and sheer frosted gloss. I make it lighter or darker depending on the lip liner I use. Plus with this you always have gloss with you.
I always admire the Jane Iredale packaging and the Sugar & Butter Lip Exfoliator/Plumper comes in a cute little gold case! It is lip exfoliator/plumper duo and is an on the go lifesaver. No need for any lip balm when you wake up in the morning use the exfoliator and then wipe and immediately put on the plumper and you are set to go!
Now to go empty out all my old make-up and replace with the new Jane Iredale make-up.
Disclosure: The company sent me the above products to test out. All opinions in this blog post are my own.
Must have make-up from Jane Iredale
My favorite line of make-up and skin care just launched a new venture with Target.
Pacifica’s partnership with Target is the part of the Made to Matter Program. Pacifica is of the 31 brands selected for Made to Matter 2015 – Handpicked by Target, the collection features leading natural, organic and sustainable brands that use simple, recognizable ingredients designed to be better for everyone and accessible to anyone.
As part of the Made to Matter Program Pacifica offers the Power of Love Collection, exclusively to Target, which is set to launch April 1st. The new products include the Power of Love lipstick. For every lipstick purchased Pacifica will give one lipstick to a women in need. I love this new creamy lipstick as it’s hydrating and the colors are fun and bright. Other new products include the power of love coconut infused mineral eye shadows, coco pure make-up removing wipes and rose gold brightening primer serum!
I do love all Pacifica products, especially the wipes. Real easy to use for moms on the go and they all smell really great. AND…now Pacifica has hand cream AND in my favorite scent – Island Vanilla! It’s my favorite scent in an easy to tote small tube. The stunning brows is a quick way to brighten up your face by making sure your eyebrows look done up. The web site calls the bb cream, “A true multitasking miracle that hydrates, primes, illuminates, and perfects leaving a sheer bare skin finish.” I call it the easiest make-up to apply. Be sure to add the sea foam complete face wash to your list of must haves. It smells like coconuts and really takes off your make-up in a flash.
Disclosure: Pacifica sent me the products in the photos to review. All opinions are my own.
Lip stick, Brow make-up and more from @ILovePacifica
wipes, wash and new hand cream from @ILovePacifica
I really have no idea what to get the teens this holiday season! lol! Well, they are a hard bunch to buy a gift for. It is nice to be able to open a present on Christmas but since this age group is very picky I tend to go with a gift card — which of course they do love. Here are my suggestions:
Yes a gift card – some may say they are not personal but teens do love them. What I do is wrap up a gift with it. My go to gift is a gift card to the movies and then wrap up some chocolate and treats with it! Simple and you are done!
QVC – they really are my go to site (or you can catch them on TV) – nice gifts, nicely wrapped and affordable. From hats to scarfs and more they really have a good selection for teens. I love the jewelry they have too – like these Honora 8.0mm Cultured Pearl Sterling Stud Earrings (Item #J294066) For approximately $22.00 you have a really nice pair of earrings and a cute matching jewelry bag to go with it.
Tech and Teens – For girls I think it is much easier as you can purchase accessories, jewelry, handbags and I am sure they will appreciate any type of technology! Same for teen boys – it can be tricky but a gift card, any electronics or brand name sweatshirt – think North Face or UnderArmour and your shopping for teens can be complete in a flash.
Jewelry from @QVC
Disclosure: QVC sent me the earrings to review. All opinions in this blog post are my own.