Here it is! Just a few must have items for those on your holiday list this year. Thank you to all of these companies for sending along their wonderful gifts. We try out and test out all products so you know you are getting a good deal and some truly, fun, unique gift ideas. Whether you are looking for the tween in your life, gifts for mom or gifts for guys we have some thoughts. So here it is – the top ten gift guide. Happy Holidays from trendymommies!
- Perfect for mom: Soma PJs – we have a tradition on our house of opening up a pair of pjs on Christmas Eve each year. What mom would love are these cool nights PJs. They are super soft, comfy and keep you cool at night. They do work as I tested them out and lounged in them all weekend. Plus technically you can wear them as loungewear! #pajamasallday is what I love during the holiday season. Prices start at $49.
Soma pjs are the best
- Perfect for your sister, officemate: Tata Harper – beauty kits are a great gift for mom or tweens in your life. I will always give products that are non-toxic, safe and effective. I love this line and my teen steals some of these products from my bathroom. Super cute sets for teens on their site including the detox defense set. This is a four-piece regimen, which includes a very nice Purifying Mask that adds a touch of nourishing moisture. The kit also contains mini sizes of Nourishing Oil Cleanser (15 ml), a Purifying Cleanser (15 ml) and their must have product – the Replenishing Nutrient Complex (3 ml) ($42) AND as an extra stocking stuffer get the Be Smitten lip treatment. With a hint of pink color this tinted plumping & hydrating lip treatment leaves lips so smooth and the color really will flatter anyone. Super nourishing too! ($29)
Tata Harper has a great selection of beauty kits online
- Perfect for the BFF: Of course my beloved Beautycounter holiday kits are also my favorite. What can I say about these gorgeous red boxed gift sets? Any mom would love to receive a packaged gift like the lip gloss or travel set. If you did not order in time there is always Valentine’s Day!
- Perfect for anyone: David’s Tea – you all know I love tea but have you been to a David’s Tea retailer? They have the best selection of teas and adorable gifts for the tea lover in your life. What? You don’t know a tea lover? Well if you gift any of these items to anyone on your list they will be hooked! From the sets, mugs and loose teas you cannot go wrong in this store or their online site. These adorable affordable gift ideas are perfect for the teacher, sister, bus driver – anyone really. I love the mini pouch of tea bags, the 25 days of teas and of course any of their tea mugs (especially the travel mugs) The travel pouch is $10 and has 5 sachets. As a memorable gift the collectible tea-filled ornament is filled with hot chocolate tea which is a medium caffeine tea with chocolate nibs and chocolate chips in a base of black tea – delightful. Kids will love the night before Christmas which is nice book of nine caffeine free teas with fun names like sleigh ride, sweet dreams and apple cider.
David’s Tea has the best selection of teas and all of their holiday kits are beautiful!
- Perfect for the kids: Harbor Sweets – not all chocolate is alike and these chocolates are handmade in Salem, Mass Kids will love them. Of course the kids immediately had to test out the chocolate Christmas calendar – like a traditional advent calendar each window is filled with dark horse chocolates- some with almond butter crunch, caramel and peppermint crunch. Really, any boxed chocolate you purchase from this company is sure to please anyone on your list. The company also has a new line called Gather Chocolate to raise awareness of the plight of the honeybee. 2.5% of all Gather sales goes to the Pollinator Partnership to aid in their efforts to preserve and protect the pollinators.
Harbor Sweets has a sweet treat for anyone on your list
- Perfect for the hubby: Anything at CVS – this is THE retailer where I buy small gifts and ornaments and the gifts for dad like chargers and tech stuff. Hubby would even appreciate a gift card to CVS too. Who doesn’t love a gift card?
- Perfect for those that are hard to buy for or for those that have everything: Anything from The Grommet - Shop for unique gifts, innovative tech gadgets, and more as The Grommet has truly unique gadgets for everyone on your list. For little girls/tweens order the Vegan nail polish set (perfectly safe and cute colors) and the Wearable nail polish holder is the most inventive product on the market. It makes it easy for them to paint their own nails. Mom will love this invention too. I loved it – it was super easy to use and make it much easier to do your own nails. For your bff she will love the Bittersweet hair tie bracelet. If you are sick of seeing that hair elastic on your wrist and the dents it leaves, bittersweet by Maria Shireen® makes a sleek hair tie bracelets holder out of stainless steel. Simply, slip the bracelet on, then the elastic over to rest in the groove. It looks very chic and just like a bracelet. For boys and tween boys they will think the Wristband headphones are cool. Plus, they won’t lose them mom! These braided wrist brand head phones transform into an undercover bracelet. Plus their textured fabric exterior prevents any tangling. For your pet – the Silent pet tag. No more jiggling tags as this super cute tag is the perfect gift. All products on this site are creative, solve problems and I love how easy it is to navigate through the site for your last minute gift giving needs!
The grommet has gifts for all those that a!re hard to buy for
- Perfect for the tech lover – Clutchette power purse by Chic Buds. The Clutchette Power is a phone charger in a bag. It has an ultra-thin battery, built-in USB cords and room to carry your keys, lip gloss and other night out essentials. I like how it is sleek enough to throw into a larger bag and it makes a perfect gift for the fashionista in your life! $49.99
Clutchette power purse by chic buds is a tech lovers extra secret weapon for storage and charging
- Perfect for the fashionista – Speaking of fashionista she would love a gift from Tartan + Twine. This company makes a range of cosmetic bags – pick her favorite color (sold at Ulta and retailers nationwide) and prices start at $12.00
tartan + twine has a great selection of make-up cases in a variety of sizes and colors
- Perfect for the kids: I don’t have a lot of young kids to buy for this year but I have heard Hatchimals are the must have item (no I don’t have one so don’t ask) but I always love games for kids and of course I love the classics like bananagrams and apples to apples. A gift card to Barnes & Noble is a great option as they have a great toy selection and it is not too overwhelming and of course their kids book section is fun to look through
Happy Holidays to all!!!
Disclosure: The companies listed above sent me products to review and test out. As always all opinions in this blog post are my ow
Every year growing up my mom would let me open one present on Christmas Eve and I knew it was a pair of pajamas. I have since started that tradition with my girls as well (even matching ones too). I love a nice pj set and now that I am older I cannot wear any fleece or flannel – just too hot at night! So glad that Soma Intimates sent me their cool nights pjs to test out. Not all pajamas are created equal! These ones are the best.
Moms – you will love them and dads – they are the must have gift this holiday season. They are super soft, comfy and keep you cool at night. If you buy a solid color no one will know they are pajamas! You will want to lounge in them all weekend. The jingle plaid is a festive but no too over the top for the holidays and I love the short sleeved black shirt. I am a more traditional pj lover – no funky prints for me. Soma also sent me a grey pair which is cute, comfy and makes for perfect lounge wear as well. The soma brand began in 2004 and sells on trend lingerie and loungewear as well as beauty products.#pajamasallday is what I love during the holiday season!
Check them out! There is still time to shop online!
Disclosure: Soma sent me two pairs of pajamas to test out. As always all opinions in the blog post are my own.
Soma pjs are the best
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I love the holiday season and I am very organized when it comes to gift buying and shopping. I am all for one stop shopping and getting it done early and quickly. CVS sent me a few fun goodies for the holiday season -the retailer really has something for everyone. I stopped there to pick up a few holiday decorations, a gift for the puppy, stocking stuffers and snacks for the girls – see! one stop shopping. Here are a few gift ideas that you can always find at CVS. Also, don’t forget to use those extra bucks for extra savings. I love waiting at the register for the print out to see what savings I have – I know – such a shopping geek!
1. Decorations – I still have my reindeer ears and nose from a few years ago purchased at CVS. They have a nice selection of unique holiday decor from tiny trees, stockings, ornaments and these adorable clear nutcrackers. The holiday isle is perfect for shopping for secret santa gifts.
2. Beauty – Look above at the top shelf in the beauty isles for cute packaged gift ideas for the gal in your life – who doesn’t love lip gloss and nail polish?
3. Candy – my girls love CVS for the selection of their brand name packaged candy and of course the upfront candy section. The retailer has a nice selection of holiday candy packaged up too.
4. Stocking Stuffer gift ideas – so growing up the stocking was always filled with items that you need like socks, necessities such as lotion, deodorant, etc. Check out the travel section for some cute ideas.
5. Don’t forget Fido – In case you didn’t know they also have supplies for cats and dogs at CVS too – so it really is easy, fun and quick shopping at CVS!
Disclosure: I partnered with CVS and they sent me some fun goodies for the holiday and a gift card. As always all opinions are my own in this blog post.
CVS has lots of goodies for holiday gifts
Holiday decor and more at CVS
I love our tradition of heading into Boston the day after Thanksgiving to see the performance of The Nutcracker. I was invited to the dress rehearsal and it was a fantastic show!
Mikko Nissinen’s The Nutcracker marks the five-year anniversary of Nissinen’s re-envisioned family-friendly tradition. The Nutcracker will run November 25-December 31, 2016 so there is plenty of time to get your tickets. All 43 performances of The Nutcracker will take place at the Boston Opera House (539 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111) It is a wonderful way to ring in the holiday season and a great way to start a tradition with your family. The Nutcracker performance length is approximately 2 hours including one intermission. If you have young children I would suggest attending a 1:00 pm matinee.
The Nutcracker includes the full company of 57 dancers, 13 Boston Ballet II dancers, and 224 Boston Ballet School students and they all dazzle. From young dancers to more experienced dancers they all do a fantastic job. The costumes and set design are magnificent and of course the music is classic. Each performance will be accompanied by Tchaikovsky’s renowned score performed by Boston Ballet Orchestra, led by five conductors: Music Director Emeritus Jonathan McPhee, Principal Guest Conductor Beatrice Jona Affron, and guest conductors Geneviève Leclair, Ming Luke, and Craig Edwards.
I really love all the scenes but my favorite is the dance of the sugar plum fairies. My husband had never seen the performance and really did not know the story! Mikko Nissinen’s The Nutcracker is based on the libretto by Alexandre Dumas père titled The Tale of the Nutcracker, which is adapted from E. T. A. Hoffmann’s story The Nutcracker and the Mouse King. The story follows the wondrous journey of young Clara, who receives a nutcracker as a gift at her family’s Christmas Eve party. Later that night, her nutcracker magically transforms into a handsome prince, who leads her through an enchanted forest and on to the Nutcracker Prince’s Kingdom.
Tickets start at $35. For more information, visit bostonballet.org
Disclosure: My family and I received tickets to the dress rehearsal. All opinions in this blog post are my own.
Winter weather is coming to New England. You better be prepared with a great boot! I am so glad that @MuckBootCo sent me a pair of boots to test out. I do love a good pair of boots but what can be tricky during the winter is matching your winter boots to a work or casual outfit. Not everyone likes to wear bulky snow boots.
The Original Muck® Boot Company has a boot for everyone in your family. If you are like me and like a sturdy leather boot but don’t want to worry about snow, salt and damage to your boot try the woman’s combo leather boot. The Original Muck Boot Company sent me this tall, sleek leather Combo boot to test out. What I like about it is that it not only looks great with a skirt, dress or leggings but it is made with water resistant leather, warm neoprene, and it is comfortable. It is a pull on boot with adjustable calf straps too.
All their boots come nicely packaged in a sleek black box and with a nylon shoe bag as well so it makes a perfect gift.They have a great line of cold weather boots including the Arctic Après Lace, which is functional yet fashionable near the slopes or in your driveway. These are waterproof too and have a warm fleece lining and a slip-resistant sole. The company’s mission was to create the most comfortable, high performance footwear on the market and to solve the need for a more comfortable boot for use in messy and tough conditions. Indeed they did create a great line of boots! Every boot in the line is expected to deliver the same 100% waterproof quality and comfort that inspired the original footwear. I do like how there is a breathable lining inside the boot as well. There are over 60 styles of rubber and leather footwear, all designed to tackle tough conditions – or just to look fashionable. So if you are looking for a warm, waterproof boot this season this is the line for you.
Disclosure: The Original Muck Boot Company sent me a pair of the woman’s combo leather boot. As always all opinions in this blog post are my own.
I love the packaging that The Original Muck Boot Company sends their boots in! #muckboots
It is that time of year when families across the country try to figure out their holiday photo cards! This year I was on the early side of picking out the photos and thanks to Paper Culture my holiday photo cards are printed and have arrived. If you are going to create holiday photo cards why not choose an eco-friendly company to do it. Paper Culture’s mission is not only to deliver modern eco stationery to celebrate life events but to plant a tree with every order! You can even say who you would like to plant it in honor of.
Paper Culture offers personalized invitations, stationery, holiday cards, and wall art on eco-friendly materials. Paper Culture is an eco, sustainable business meaning all their cards will not cut down any new trees. The cards use exclusively 100% post-consumer recycled paper or alternative non-tree fibers. They even have an eco-friendly reversible box. The reversible box is made from recycled cardboard and printed with eco-friendly water-based inks and the best thing is that you can reuse it!
There are a ton of styles of holiday cards to choose from too. They have free designer assistance, they will mail the cards for you and free return and recipient address printing as well. Their customer service is excellent – any problems – just call them – so many companies don’t even have a customer service number! I was very pleased with my order and would highly recommend them for holiday cards.
Disclosure: Paper Culture offered me a $50 discount. As always all opinions in this blog post are my own.
Beautiful holiday photo cards from @paperculture! Don’t want to spoil the photo part -but the front side came out awesome.
Happy 2016 to all! I love having the week off between Christmas and New Years. We took a break from sports, school and work and stayed close to home. Now this week it was back to work and school and rushing around to activities! But at least we got a chance to visit grandpy, the beach and Boston last week! It was nice to have no plans and just wing it. Plus the kids did not request that we go someplace every single day – so they had a chance to chill out. I don’t like to write out resolutions but my goals for this year would be to travel more and blog about it, head to the gym at least three times a week and maybe do another 5K! Of course eating healthier is right up there too (maybe a simple one for me would be to eat less red meat (as I do love my burgers!) and drink more water (I hate water!) On the work front I have been enjoying and I am grateful for my long term client PR work so yeah! more of that too! What are your goals?
Our travels from holiday school vacation week! #travel #travelblogger
If you are looking for something special to do with the kids this holiday season Boston Ballet’s The Nutcracker is that special experience unlike any other. I remember seeing the performance as a child with my parents. My mom would also have to make a stop at Lord and Taylor (hmm…wonder where my love for shopping comes from?) She also loved the ballet as well. The Nutcracker is a fun holiday tradition to start with your family. For those in the suburbs make a day trip adventure and stop for shopping and dinner, but don’t miss this magical performance this season!
We were so lucky to be invited to an afternoon dress rehearsal. We took photos in the grand lobby AND the performers visited with the audience and took photos during intermission. It was such a treat and a wonderful performance. The music, dancing, stage lighting and decoration was magical. This was my older daughter’s first time seeing the Boston Ballet’s The Nutcracker and she really did enjoy it. For those with little kids The Nutcracker performance length is approximately 1 hour and 57 minutes includes one intermission. It really is a performance for all ages.
Here is more information about this special ballet. Boston Ballet’s Mikko Nissinen’s The Nutcracker is a completely re-imagined production which premiered in 2012 and has since received praise from audiences and critics alike. This year’s production will feature all-new lighting design by Finnish-based Mikki Kunttu, and includes the full company of 68 dancers along with more than 200 Boston Ballet School students. The Nutcracker will run November 27–December 31, 2015 at the Boston Opera House so get your tickets and enjoy the magic of The Nutcracker! For more information click here.
Disclosure: My kids and I were given tickets to the dress rehearsal performance. All opinions are my own in this blog post.
Such great ballet dancers at #BBNutcracker
We had a fantastic time at @BostonBallet
I like to start my shopping a bit early…and at home…in my pjs! And dads out there (and anyone else who is trying to avoid the malls this season) QVC has the items for you! The folks at QVC have the best selection of gift ideas this holiday season and they sent me a few gift sets to test out. If your wife, mom, tween, niece or sister loves to receive a beauty kit or make-up kit as a gift (and who doesn’t?) QVC has the most coveted selection of make-up, beauty, perfume sets and more. In fact they have my two favorite brands – Tarte and Josie Maran. Both make-up and skin care lines are on the natural side and have no yucky chemicals in them. I feel good about giving my teen and tween girls lip sticks and moisturizers from each of these lines. They love the argan oil especially and this I would say is a must have for dry, itchy, winter skin.
The Decadent Bliss Radiant Beauty Argan Head to Toe Luxury Set from Josie Maran has the 100% Pure argan Oil, a creamy oil in a tube and the whipped argan oil as well, all to to moisturize face, treat split ends, or condition cuticles – Multiple uses all in one kit.
The Josie Maran Argan 3-in-1 Core Color Hydrating Lipstick Duo is perfect for stocking stuffers and is $30. This is a 3-in-1 lipstick formula with the moisture of a balm, the pigment of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss – love the formulation as it goes on easy and with nice light color. It comes with two so you can have one in your make-up kit and one in the car. The colors are really nice and very moisturizing.
My other favorite from QVC is tarte. The tarte LipSurgence 5 piece set is perfect for teens. I like the LipSurgence as it’s not too sticky and the colors in this kit are wonderful. QVC also has tarte eyeliner and eyeshadow kits so check them out here
What is best about QVC is you can shop online too. Happy early shopping!
Disclosure: QVC sent me several holiday kits to test out. All opinions in this blog post are my own.
@tartecosmetics kits from @QVC make the best gifts
@QVC holiday gift ideas
I really have no idea what to get the teens this holiday season! lol! Well, they are a hard bunch to buy a gift for. It is nice to be able to open a present on Christmas but since this age group is very picky I tend to go with a gift card — which of course they do love. Here are my suggestions:
Yes a gift card – some may say they are not personal but teens do love them. What I do is wrap up a gift with it. My go to gift is a gift card to the movies and then wrap up some chocolate and treats with it! Simple and you are done!
QVC – they really are my go to site (or you can catch them on TV) – nice gifts, nicely wrapped and affordable. From hats to scarfs and more they really have a good selection for teens. I love the jewelry they have too – like these Honora 8.0mm Cultured Pearl Sterling Stud Earrings (Item #J294066) For approximately $22.00 you have a really nice pair of earrings and a cute matching jewelry bag to go with it.
Tech and Teens – For girls I think it is much easier as you can purchase accessories, jewelry, handbags and I am sure they will appreciate any type of technology! Same for teen boys – it can be tricky but a gift card, any electronics or brand name sweatshirt – think North Face or UnderArmour and your shopping for teens can be complete in a flash.
Jewelry from @QVC
Disclosure: QVC sent me the earrings to review. All opinions in this blog post are my own.