Each school year the girls are invited to a ton of birthday parties! What do families with many children do? What are the cost effective ways to save on Birthday party gifts? Annmarie sat down with New England Cable News to talk about this topic!
Here are the top 5 ways to save and gift ideas from trendymommies.com.
1. Make a plan each September - write down your birthday gift needs and start shopping – look for buy one get one free toys, stock up on board games – all ages love a good board or card game (hello apples to apples). Board games are also usually on sale around Christmas time so stock up on multiple games then. You can even buy a smaller card game and add a gift card to the gift bag.
2. Think seasonal – buy fun summer items at the end of the season and gift them for winter birthdays. A nice tote bag filled with sunglasses, a towel and a t shirt is a nice way to remember summer.
3. Use your retail reward cards for savings – we love CVS and their extra care program – collect and save your extra bucks – it’s money to buy gifts! CVS is a one stop shop for kids gifts 10 dollars and 5 dollars and under and for small toys, hair accessories, candy, cards and art supplies.
4. Buy art supplies in bulk – cute note books, personalized note cards and a nice pencil set coupled with a gift card makes a nice gift. Discount retailers have note books in multiples so divide up and package nicely. Use the tote bags at Michael’s crafts for the packaging of the gift! Kids can decorate it themselves!
5. Save on tissue paper and gift bags – you can reuse gift bags and buy tissue paper at the dollar store. Stock up and save on these items so you have them and are not running around at the last minute and spending 5 dollars on a gift bag and tissue!