Do I dare say next week is August? Well it is! Can you believe it?? Where has the summer gone? Between our beach trips, swim and dive season and outings I can’t catch my breath! But that is a good thing as we all try to squeeze in a bit of fun before the summer season ends.
We do have two summer birthday in this house so it makes mid-July a bit crazy! Dive and Swim All-Stars are the same week as the girls’ birthdays and whenever we can, we try to do a beach trip. I am starting to see some ads for back to school and pumpkin festivals – HOLD ON – we are still in July! Let’s enjoy the summer please! Here are a few photos on our adventures this summer. Enjoy the sun when you can!
My daughter at her dive meet this summer. Perfect form!
Family time at Cahoon Hollow beach, Wellfleet, Mass
Beach photos at Smuggler’s Beach South Yarmouth, Mass
Today I took a break from work and went to LaserCraze in Woburn with some of my blogger friends to see the new renovations and hear about their new name – XtremeCraze in Woburn. Have you been? It is Xtreme for sure! It is the must place for family fun, birthday parties and work gatherings. Their lasertag arena was awesome. The complex offers 22,000 square feet of advanced lasertag play with their upgraded lasertron arena and gaming system. They also offer kids fun in the Adrenaline Zone bouncing area as well as the Game Zone (arcade games). We were treated to a few games of lasertag and some yummy pizza. Their pizza café is great and has a variety of pizzas and beverages.
I have not played lasertag before. I have to say it was fun, adrenaline filled and a great way to decompress. A fun activity to do with friends and family and it certainly was entertaining. If you are a type A person they keep score, show all your stats and provide a print out of your tags, accuracy and overall ranking! What a way to have fun on your next company outing, family Friday night adventure or even a fun date night. It really is a state of the art lasertag systems with a multi-level arena that provides fun and excitement. No running though…….this must be hard for the kids as I started to walk fast to maneuver thought the maze! My heart was pumping and it was really fun. XtremeCraze is located at 15 Presidential Way in Woburn, Mass.
Check out their website here
Disclosure: The company invited me to play several games, check out the facility and treated us to pizza! As always all opinions in this blog post are my own.
Super fun time @LCWoburn XtremeCraze
Each school year the girls are invited to a ton of birthday parties! What do families with many children do? What are the cost effective ways to save on Birthday party gifts? Annmarie sat down with New England Cable News to talk about this topic!
Here are the top 5 ways to save and gift ideas from trendymommies.com.
1. Make a plan each September – write down your birthday gift needs and start shopping – look for buy one get one free toys, stock up on board games – all ages love a good board or card game (hello apples to apples). Board games are also usually on sale around Christmas time so stock up on multiple games then. You can even buy a smaller card game and add a gift card to the gift bag.
2. Think seasonal – buy fun summer items at the end of the season and gift them for winter birthdays. A nice tote bag filled with sunglasses, a towel and a t shirt is a nice way to remember summer.
3. Use your retail reward cards for savings – we love CVS and their extra care program – collect and save your extra bucks – it’s money to buy gifts! CVS is a one stop shop for kids gifts 10 dollars and 5 dollars and under and for small toys, hair accessories, candy, cards and art supplies.
4. Buy art supplies in bulk – cute note books, personalized note cards and a nice pencil set coupled with a gift card makes a nice gift. Discount retailers have note books in multiples so divide up and package nicely. Use the tote bags at Michael’s crafts for the packaging of the gift! Kids can decorate it themselves!
5. Save on tissue paper and gift bags – you can reuse gift bags and buy tissue paper at the dollar store. Stock up and save on these items so you have them and are not running around at the last minute and spending 5 dollars on a gift bag and tissue!