Trendymommies headed out for their first official girls night out (well, overnight stay) to Gloucester Mass and it was a blast. The City of Gloucester is beautiful and there are many fun things to do. So if you are looking for a mom’s getaway or a trip to the beach with the kids head up to Gloucester, Mass.
Our accommodations were wonderful. The Atlantis Oceanfront Inn was amazing. http://www.atlantisoceanfrontinn.com
Each room has an ocean view. As you lie in your bed you can hear and see the ocean waves. There is an oceanfront breakfast cafe which I hear is fabulous. I will try next time I visit (as we slept in late……what? There were no kids to wake us up!) One of my favorite beaches – Good Harbor – is a 1/4 mile away. There were great places to eat, museums to visit and nightlife.
Our trip this time was focused on shopping. We took a trip down Main Street and were in and out of some interesting and unique stores.
- Bananas was full of fun including rows of eclectic clothing, shoes and jewelry. Vintage finds were everywhere! Rachel Zoe would have fun in this store (it is BA-Nan AS)
- GreenLife has great organic finds for mom and baby.
- The Black Swan has trinkets and jewelry and we discovered fantastic extra large fortune cookies covered in chocolate.
- Menage Galllery had beautiful handmade furniture and unique gifts http://www.menagegallery.com
- Pisces is also a great gift shop. They have fun glassware, treats and some clothing